Investing / by Eric Tyson, MBA.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Linn Libraries Consortium. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Linn-Benton Community College System.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
- ISBN: 9781119716495
- ISBN: 1119716497
- Physical Description: xviii, 440 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Edition: 9th edition.
- Publisher: Hoboken, NJ : John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 
- Copyright: ©2021
Previous edition: 2017.
"Learning made easy" -- Cover.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
Introduction -- Getting started with investing -- ... Read More
"Investing for your future is wise and essential. ... Read More
Search for related items by subject
|Genre:||Handbooks and manuals.
Search for related items by series
- Pick winning stocks, mutual funds, and ETFs
- Develop and manage your portfolio through all economies
- Invest in real estate and small business
Time-tested investing advice to secure your future
Investing for your future is wise and essential. Of course, you want to make solid investment choices and minimize mistakes. This updated, best-selling guide educates you on investing concepts and lingo so you can make the best decisions in all economies and markets. Understanding how to find and make smart investments is a skill that can be learned, and this book by money-pro Eric Tyson will help you by discovering how to weigh risk vs. return, offering tips on choosing stocks and funds, getting started in real estate and small business, and so much more.
- Selecting investments wisely
- Increasing your wealth through stocks and funds
- Understanding tax laws and their impact on investing
- Choosing a brokerage firm
- Investing in a home and other real estate
- Discovering how politics and policy affect your money
The best-selling investing guide offers new information, new insights, and new perspectives
There's nothing better than having your money make more money—and getting to that place isn't as complicated as you've been led to believe. With some common sense, careful planning, and the right advice, you too can watch your money accumulate like it's growing on trees.
In the Ninth Edition of Investing for Dummies, best-selling author and nationally renowned personal finance expert Eric Tyson shows you how to make your money work for you with rock-solid advice that's stood the test of time. Steering clear of flashy get-rich-quick schemes, Tyson offers a slow-and-steady approach that can work for everyone from young professionals just starting their careers to baby boomers who want to bulk up their nest eggs just before retirement.
In the book, you will:
- Get started with investing by exploring your investment choices, weighing risk vs. return, and get your financial house in order
- Discover the parts that stocks, bonds, real estate, and small business can play in your portfolio
- Learn to choose the right periodicals, radio, tv, and web resources that keep you informed and help you avoid the hype
With updated coverage of new developments like the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and their impact on investments, along with the growing trend amongst brokers toward zero- and low-fee stock trades, the Ninth Edition of Investing For Dummies is the latest can't-miss guide to investing your money like a boss.